I’m a summer person. In the summer, I love beach reads, chick lit, long family sagas- you know pure escapism! My kids know that Mom’s Kindle cannot get splashed. Here is a list of some of my summer reads thus far:
1. The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer- a long detailed story of a Hungarian family during the Holocaust. It is set both in Paris and Hungary. It’s not light but it is a long book with great character development.
2. The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand- Sheer chick lit and I loved it. Romance, a beach setting, turmoil and a good ending on the beach.
3. Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin- A much deeper book than her previous but a very easy read. A must read for every stay at home mom. The story of the doctor falling for the patient’s mom is ,unfortunately, quite believable.
4. Sima’s Undergarments for Women by Ilana Stanger Ross- This book looked so good that I actually ordered the book as it wasn’t available for Kindle! Such great character development. Sima runs a lingerie shop out of her house in Brooklyn when a young Israeli girl comes to work with her. Sima’s past unfolds through her relationship with the young girl. A must read!
5. As Husbands Go by Susan Isaacs- I finished this last night. Candidly, I didn’t love it. Her husband is murdered and she sets off to “help” the police with the case. Susan Isaacs has written better books.
What are you reading and where are you going?