Welcome to the March 10, 2017 Word on the Street.
Word on the Street
- Louisa Clark, a household name to many of us, lives on. JoJo Moyes announced her next book in the Me Before You and After You series (where Louisa is the funny, brave unlikely heroine) will be published by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking in February of 2018. After You was perfect as a sequel as it captured the Moyes’ unlikely combination of angst and humor of the first, Me Before You. I have high hopes for Book 3.
- Jamie Ford revealed the cover of his next book, Love and Other Consolation Prizes, in his Instagram story. The book comes out in early September from Ballantine Books and looks to be amazing, as always with Ford’s writing.
- I had the privilege of seeing Hamilton in Chicago this week. It deserves all the hype it gets. How fascinating that Lin Manuel Miranda took this character in history and created this masterpiece. I got an advance copy of Alex & Eliza by Melissa de la Cruz from Penguin Teen. This is the perfect read for Hamiltonian’s.
- While in Chicago, I had lunch with the locals- a few amazing local authors, that is. Lisa Steinke‘s next book with co-author Liz Fenton, The Good Widow, comes out in June from Lake Union. It is a domestic suspense thriller which, I believe, will go big. Renee Rosen‘s book, Windy City Blues, came out last week from Berkley and is the buzz of reader and music worlds. I loved it Dina Silver‘s next book, a domestic suspense, comes out February 2018 from Lake Union and sounds amazing. Amy Gail Hansen and Lisa Barr are finishing manuscripts as we speak. It was a high power lunch which included laughing, wine and grilled cheese sandwiches. Jealous?
- I am about to start reading The Hollywood Daughter by Kate Alcott that came out this week from Doubleday. Thoughts From a Page highly recommends it which means I will love it.
“I always believed that one woman’s success can only help another woman’s success.” Gloria Vanderbilt
I am a huge fan of women helping women achieve big things. Author Marci Nault is doing just that with her inaugural Dreams Tasting Conference for Women happening April 29, 2017 in Boston. This conference will give women a “taste” of 50 different activities: write the first page of your novel with NYT Bestselling authors, dance like Dancing With The Stars, start your own business, become a chef/sommelier, learn yoga from a true yogi, and everything in between! Marci’s goal is to change the conversation women have about their dreams turning the someday into today. Huge kudos to Marci for living her dream!
Great Thoughts Great Readers
I chat all books all the time in my book salon on Facebook, Great Thoughts Great Readers. We have over 2,300 readers and authors there daily chatting all things book. Join us there.