Welcome to the Word on the Street 6/2/17:
Word on the Street 6/2/17
- June 6th is clearly “the” date for books to be published. The following come out that day:
- The Sunshine Sisters by Jane Green
- The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- City Mouse by Stacey Lender
- The Ministry of Utmost Happiness by Arundhati Roy
- The Weight of Lies by Emily Carpenter
- The Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson
- He Said She Said by Erin Kelly
- The People We Hate At The Wedding by Grant Ginder
– Victoria and Abdul is an upcoming British-American film that will be released on 9/22/17. . It is based on the book of same name by Shrabani Basu, and on the real-life relationship between Queen Victoria and her Indian servant Abdul Karim. The film stars Judi Dench. Oh how I adore Dame Judi Dench! Here is the trailer:
- Wonder was an unbelievable book. Unbelievable. It will come to theaters on 11/17/17. Here is the trailer:
Thank You For The Music
My favorite Abba song ever is Thank You For the Music, in case you were wondering. Abba is, and always will be, one of the greatest bands ever!
Thus, I was THRILLED to hear they are making a sequel to Mamma Mia, one of my very favorite musicals and movies. This is completely non-book related but here is one of my favorite scenes from the first movie:
Great Thoughts’ Great Readers
I chat all books all the time in my book salon on Facebook, Great Thoughts Great Readers. We have close to 3,000 readers and authors there daily chatting all things book. Join us there.
What are you reading and where are you going?