We are so excited that this Thursday, June 9th, 2011 is our next SITS Book Club Party.
Please join us:
- Where: Twitter, hashtag #SITSBooks
- When: Thursday, June 9th, 8-9 pm CST
- Book: The Bird Sisters by the amazing Rebecca Rasmussen. Rebecca will be joining us for the book club that night.
Some discussion questions to think about:
- Memories play an important role for Milly and Twiss. Can they ever be at peace?
- Milly and Twiss don’t openly talk about all that happened in their youth. Why is that difficult for them?
- Money is an interesting theme in the book. Milly and Twiss’ parents both think their dreams will come true with money. Father Rice steals money. How does money affect the story?
- Cousin Bett- Were the changes in Milly and Twiss’ family due to Cousin Bett or would they have happened anyway?
- What do we learn from the letters of Twiss to Father Rice? When is the last time you handwrote a letter?
- Who should play Milly and Twiss in the movie?
Even if you did not read the book, jump on in! It is a great way to make new friends on-line and connect with a published author.
If you plan to join us, leave a comment on this post with your Twitter ID and let us know. We’d love to connect with you on Twitter before the fun starts on Thursday evening!
What are you reading and where are you going?