Thursday, October 20th
8-9 pm CST
Twitter, hashtag #SITSbooks
A few discussion questions for you to think about:
1. When Mark and Abby first “meet” on Twitter, Mark isn’t entirely truthful about his identity. Do you think it’s common for people to wear “masks” when they first meet someone?
2. What do you think about the statement Abby quotes to Mark during their first “date”?: “You’ll never have more in common than you do on your first date.”
3. Have you ever had immediate chemistry with someone you’ve met, either in a friendship or a romantic relationship? Do you believe it’s a physical response or an emotional one?
4. Abby shares her favorite book, Peter S. Beagle’s A Fine and Private Place, with Mark. Have you ever found common ground with a stranger by sharing your favorite book, movie, TV show, or piece of music?
5. If you were to tell someone your favorite book at this precise moment in your life’s journey, what would it be?
6. Did you notice any hints about Mark’s situation in their exchanges that Abby may have missed?
7. Do you believe that social media sites like Facebook and Twitter enhance intimacy or make it more difficult to achieve?
8. If you were writing the ending of Mark and Abby’s story, what would it be?
Talk to you on Twitter Thursday!
What are you reading and where are you going?