So what’s a mommy to do when her twins go to summer camp and her hubby can’t get away? She flys to the beach alone, of course!
Los Angeles is a big busy city, right? No- not in my new little heaven, Hermosa Beach. You do not feel like you are in a big city. And I found the perfect hotel, Beach House Hermosa Beach.
First, let me tell you why I am now in love with Hermosa Beach:
- It is a clean beautiful town located right on the Pacific. When I was there, there was hardly a cloud in the sky and the sunsets were perfect.
- I could walk everywhere! And, unlike other beach towns, the bikers and skateboarders are polite and don’t hog the boardwalk. It’s actually fun to workout here- go figure!
- The pier, restaurants and shops were fabulous. Special shout out to Mediterraneo Kitchen for Tapas. Eat there on Tuesday nights for great prices too! Hennessy’s Tavern was also great for happy hour on the ocean with really good appetizers.
- I walked to Manhattan Beach daily and back, approximately 4 miles roundtrip. Near the Manhattan Beach pier are great shops and darling restaurants. I had tremendous sushi at The Izaka-ya by Katsu-ya
- You have to love a locale where you can walk in nice stores and restaurants in gym shorts and a workout shirt over your bathing suit. LOVE that!
- A World Cup game was broadcast at the Hermosa Beach pier- so fun!
Take a peek at my new world:
Beach House Hermosa Beach
Now let’s talk perfect hotel. When they say this hotel is a “Beach Hotel”, they are not kidding. I had a lovely King suite (all the rooms are suites) with a fantastic balcony directly ON the beach.
The hotel features:
- The room is light and bright. You walk into the suite and say, “Ah!”
- Bathroom- tons of space, a large jacuzzi tub and a huge shower. It is even light enough for a 40 something Mommy to put on eye makeup.
- Each room is a King Suite with fabulous bed and linens, a large closet, a sitting room two steps down with a pull out couch, fireplace, refrigerator, microwave, two burner stove, coffee pot, coffee and tea. (No, I did not cook as it would violate the rules of Mommy Camp!)
- 2 complimentary bottles of water daily and GREAT Wifi (and how often do we say that about hotels?)
- Not one but 2 large LG flatscreen tvs. My kids would have been very jealous if they had been lucky enough to join me.
- A balcony- mine was oceanfront which I strongly recommend as my door was open all day and night so I could hear the ocean waves.
- Great balcony comraderie- hanging out with the neighbors.
- Room service from The Establishment, a local restaurant. I was in the mood for snacks one late afternoon. The spinach dip was great and they brought a full pitcher of iced tea, not just a glass. They had me at the iced tea.
- Lovely continental breakfast daily with lots of beautiful carbs, fruit, yogurt, etc. They serve fabulous coffee at breakfast which also endears the place to me. Ok, so on my way to breakfast one day, I see Jillian Michaels walking in the hall. Wonder if she ate those carbs?
- Hunky tan men playing beach volleyball outside the patio ALL day long!
Ok, so you want to see it for yourself? Here you go!
I will definitely be back at Beach House next year for a repeat of Mommy Camp. I liked it so much, I may just convince the hubs to go with me! Or, I may just host Mommy Camp at the Beach House and invite all of you to join me!
I received a media rate at this hotel. All opinions and pics of my toes and wine glass are my own.
What are you reading and where are you going?