A fabulous anthology was released today- Grand Central. So many of my favorite authors contributed to this book.
From the publisher, “A war bride awaits the arrival of her GI husband at the platform…
A Holocaust survivor works at the Oyster Bar, where a customer reminds him of his late mother…
A Hollywood hopeful anticipates her first screen test and a chance at stardom in the Kissing Room…
On any particular day, thousands upon thousands of people pass through New York City’s Grand Central Terminal, through the whispering gallery, beneath the ceiling of stars, and past the information booth and its beckoning four-faced clock, to whatever destination is calling them. It is a place where people come to say hello and good-bye. And each person has a story to tell.
Now, ten bestselling authors inspired by this iconic landmark have created their own stories, set on the same day, just after the end of World War II, in a time of hope, uncertainty, change, and renewal….”
The Authors of Grand Central
So let’s talk about the talented authors who contributed to this book:
1. Melanie Benjamin, New York Times bestselling author of The Aviator’s Wife, a terrific read.
2. Jenna Blum, New York Times bestselling author of Those Who Save Us and The Stormchasers. I LOVE Jenna Blum’s writing and was so glad to “see” her in this book. I hope we a new Jenna Blum novel soon. Jenna wrote this guest post for us back in 2011 and it is still one of the most popular on this site.
3. Amanda Hodgkinson, New York Times bestselling author of 22 Britannia Road, such a great book.
4. Pam Jenoff, bestselling author of The Ambassador’s Daughter and the soon to be released The Winter Guest. After reading The Ambassador’s Daughter last summer, I immediately read all of Pam’s prior works and included it in our Top Books of 2013. She quickly became one of my favorite authors. The Winter Guest is amazing- I suggest you pre-order it at once.
5. Sarah Jio, New York Times bestselling author of Goodnight June, review here, and a zillion other books. My favorite Sarah Jio book is The Bungalow, which was included in our Top Books of 2011, here.
6. Sarah McCoy, bestselling author of The Baker’s Daughter, review here. I love Sarah McCoy on social media. She is about the most darling a person can be, not to mention that her writing is fabulous.
7. Kristina McMorris, New York Times bestselling author of Bridge of Scarlet Leaves– what a powerful book that was, review here.
8. Alyson Richman, bestselling author of The Lost Wife, review here. I loved The Lost Wife but I really love The Garden of Letters which will be released on September 2nd. I insist you pre-order it right now.
9. Erika Robuck, critically acclaimed author of Hemingway’s Girl and Call Me Zelda and so on! I love Erika and Hemingway’s Girl will always be one of my favorite books. I am hoping to host a book club in Key West with Erika and key lime pie one day soon. My review and gushing of Hemingway’s Girl is here.
10. Karen White, New York Times bestselling author of After the Rain and so many other books. A powerhouse!
This is a terrific read for the long weekend ahead!
I received a digital review copy of this book. All opinions are my own.
What are you reading and where are you going?