Welcome to Word On The Street this week, our now weekly column. It has been quite a busy week in book world!
Here are highlights…
- Author Beatriz Williams has been tapped to write the screenplay adapting her New York Times bestselling novel The Summer Wives for television. This book has a cult-like following so the TV series will be wildly popular.
2. Not only did Elin Hilderbrand‘s newest book, Summer of ’69, publish this week, she also will have three of her books made into a series on Hulu, The Identicals, The Blue Bistro, and The Matchmaker. I am hoping her book, The Perfect Couple, will also be made into a stand-alone movie or series.
3. J.T. Ellison has signed a new contract for three more novels with Mira. She writes domestic noir and psychological thriller books and has over 1 million books in print. Wow! Her next book, Good Girls Lie, will be out on December 31st.
4. Fiona Davis’ next book, The Chelsea Girls, comes out July 30th and has been named to the Library Reads July list.
5. The Bridgerton series of novels by Julia Quinn will be made into a Netflix series by Shonda Rhimes (!) with (OMG) Julie Andrews playing the role of Lady Whistledown, an anonymous figure who delivers social commentary with biting insults that send Regency London’s high society into a frenzy. Think the Dowager Countess on Downton biting! I love this TV Guide article about it mentioning Julie Andrews in the same title as Gossip Girls.
6. My Ex Life by Stephen McAuley and Natalie Tan’s Book of Love and Fortune by Roselle Lim will also be made into TV series by writer/producer John Wells. Both are excellent reads.
Great Thoughts’ Great Readers
We chat all books all the time in the Great Thoughts’ Great Readers book salon on Facebook. We have over 4,600 readers and authors. Join us there!
Like thrillers? Join us in the Thriller Thursday book salon on Facebook. Join us there!